Saturday, May 8, 2010

Support Your Local Poo Pig



In our increasingly sanitized world, the poo pig is a breed in decline. I had heard tell of the Korean poo pigs, their numbers dwindling due to prohibitions on the sale of their meat, rumored to be exceptionally succulent, because of concerns about their potential role in the spread of disease. Apparently, the Goans also have what they call "pig toilets". These, too, are likely to disappear in the near future, despite all the hippies and their primitive-worship trance music. Just another majestic creature sacrificed on the altar of so-called progress. The poo pig will be our grandchildren's unicorn.

I thank Onderdonk, whose postcard reminded me that I wanted to address this important topic.

3 comments:

Stormy Pheathers said...

A fine snoot snout on this poo pig.

I need to hear more about the "pig toilets" -- are they toilets that pigs use? I refuse to google this when my co-blogger is master of the hogpocalypse.

Anonymous said...

The poo pigs recycle human wastes into bacon. I have heard some say that the pigs are often so enthusiastic about their meals that they don't wait for the human occupant of the pig toilet to finish their business before digging in. That's why the second picture shows bars on the toilet — to prevent snoot-to-hinder contact.
-trollmilk

Anonymous said...

Hi Trollmilk!!

I am interested in your post on poopigs. I am working for a magazine and we'd like to use the images could you please get in contact?
Best,
Manuela

manuelaluise@aol.co.uk